So I'm no expert when it comes to hair, but I do have the advantage of older sisters, one who is a pretty kick ass hairdresser, so if I were you, I'd listen to the following tip.
CONDITIONER
"But I already use conditioner, that's not news to me, Marley, you must be on crack to think no one else has ever thought to use conditioner..." Look just indulge me for a second and keep reading.
Women everywhere are spending too much time, money, and effort to replicate that just got out of bed look. For women like me who live too far from the ocean, beachy waves everyday seem like an unachievable fantasy. Not to mention how grossed out I am when I think about all of the fish poop that sea water gets in my hair. Salt water makes my hair feel dry and brittle, and when you've used as much peroxide as I have, it's only a matter of time before your hair crumbles like dried out coral.
So, what if I told that recreating those gentle beachy waves can also mean nourishing your hair and reducing split ends? I'll say it again...
CONDITIONER!
("Okay Marley we get it, but you haven't told us anything.")
Quit your whining, conditioner is the ultimate curl enhancer. Just shampoo and condition your hair like normal. If you have temperamental kinky hair like me, don't brush it when you get out of the shower, instead dry your hair off a little with a towel, knotting that bad boy up. Now that your hair is partially dry the magic can happen.
Get a small pump of conditioner out of the bottle, not too much about the size of a 10c piece should suffice for mid length hair (for longer hair start with a small amount and add more as required, but be careful as too much product can make the hair heavy and less prone to bouncy waves). Rub a thin coating of the conditioner onto your opposite palm and scrunch that hair just like you would if you were using mousse.
"But I already use mousse, why should I make the change?"
BECAUSE THIS IS A LEAVE IN TREATMENT THAT ALSO STYLES YOUR HAIR!
I told my mum I really feel like a mermaid today, mostly because of the ocean colours in my hair, but also mostly because of my sweet as beach waves.
The best thing is you don't have to go out a buy another curl enhancing product, because you already have it on your shower floor.

.jpeg)
.jpeg)
No comments:
Post a Comment