It was a pretty routine thing, I was told to fast from midnight and show up at the hospital at 9:30. The pre surgery waiting bay was packed. Luckily my doctor was waiting for me on the other side, so I got to jump ahead of about 15 other people (suckers...) Also due to the crowds I had to walk myself into the surgery bay because all the beds were taken. It was an interesting experience, but not one I'd like to do again, I much prefer being knocked out before entering the room where they are about to cut my insides to ribbons...
Actually truth be told, I barely touched most of that food, which ended up to be the right decision. Later that night I was FaceTiming my parents (who are currently over in Boston, thoroughly enjoying themselves without me) I felt super queasy. I could barely keep my head straight. I told them I had better go, I really didn't feel too good, and luckily I did. I just made it the four steps over to my sink before more food than I remember eating came up everywhere. I am so sorry Nurse Yannan.
More sleeping, as I was kept under puke watch. I was most scared that by hurling I had assured my self another night in the hospital. But no. After keeping down my breakfast (toast) I was told I would still be going home as scheduled.Before I left my nurse, Yannan, had to change my dressings. She was even nice enough to take photos of me to share with you all.
As you can see, I only had 4 incisions. Through the one in my belly button the inserted a camera and a reverse vacuum hose which puffed up my stomach like a balloon. It still feels oddly squishy, and I am not afraid to admit I've been poking myself more than usual.Over all, this hasn't been my worse recovery from an operation, it's kind of in the middle judging by pain and inconvenience, but considering that this could end some of my pain forever, how could I not have gone through with it.
Thank you again to everyone who has prayed for me, and expressed their love and concern during this last week and half, I couldn't have gotten through it all without you.
Until next time... (man that's a sinister way to end something; until next time... mwahahaha)
No comments:
Post a Comment