As you might have guessed, the pain was unrelenting. I barely slept at all that night, and I couldn't decide whether it hurt less lying out straight or curled up in a moaning ball. Come morning I knew I needed to get help.
I shouldn't complain too much, the cannula meant that I could get the good stuff (morphine) in the quickest way possible, taking approximately 15 seconds to start working as it was injected straight into my blood stream.
I saw a doctor who concurred with my GP that it was most probably my gallbladder giving me a problem, and ordered an ultrasound right away. Now would be the time for me to tell you that I am awesome at hospital tests, I never fail, and this was no exception. The ultrasound did not show any problems with my gallbladder, great back to square one...
After more not so gentle prodding of my abdomen is was decided that we would focus on the stomach. Maybe I had Gastritis. I was given something to calm my stomach and stop my nausea, and don't forget more morphine... Drugs were my friend. I was also told I would be moving up to a ward to spend the night so the doctor could perform a Gastroscopy (a lovely test where they put you to sleep while they jam a camera down your throat to take photos of your stomach and bring back samples of the stomach tissue)
While I waited for a bed I was given a blessing from my brothers Don and Josh. It told me to have faith in my doctors and that at this time they would do what was necessary. I don't think anyone enjoys hospitals but they petrify me, they are a place of traumatic memories to say the least, but I knew I had to have faith, that God would protect me, and something would come of my time here.I was taken up to twin room, and luckily scored the window bed. I was given more fluids, antibiotics through my drip, and morphine injections in my legs. Sunday night was better. I was grateful for the peaceful sleep the morphine gave me, even though that stupid drip in my arm made it hard to know what to do with my hands...
I'm going to leave it there for the night, despite there being so much more to tell, I just don't want to bore you all in one go, better to spread the torture over a series of nights.
Until tomorrow...
And I found this midnight morphine selfie on my phone when I woke up on Monday...
I'm awesome.

No comments:
Post a Comment